New York State Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program
Update: Check out the following guidance plans that implement the NYSSCA Comprehensive Model!
NYSSCA is pleased to offer its final version of the New York State Model for a Comprehensive k-12 School Counseling Program. The Model draws together the most cutting-edge theory and practice in professional school counseling from around the country to present a road map for implementing truly effective and accountable school counseling programs in New York State Schools.
In short, the New York State Model for Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program is:
- A framework for evaluating and building local school counseling programs
- Understanding the student learner and the use of instructional strategies for success
- A tool for aligning the school counseling program with the academic mission of the school and the New York State Learning Standards
- A building block for defining the role of the professional school counselor within the school
- A map for school counselor accountability and effectiveness
New York State Model for Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program
Program Implementation Resources
NYSSCA has posted below information briefs to be utilized by school counselors in presentations to the different educational groups
Understanding the Role of the School Counselor:
Spreadsheets for Graduation Requirements:
Spreadsheet and Contact Logs:
Roles and Responsibilities of College Bound Students: Brochure
School Counselor Evaluation: Please note that there are three separate pages for the evaluation form.