As you complete the online membership forms for joining or renewing, you will be able to either pay by credit card or request a voucher so that you can mail a check to pay for your membership.
Check our Regional Map to determine your NYSSCA Region.
MEMBERSHIP IN THE NEW YORK STATE SCHOOL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATION OFFERS YOU:
Professional Affiliations and Networking:
- NYSSCA is a member of the Legislative Forum, the political voice for counselors in New York.
- NYSSCA is represented in the New York Council of Educational Associations
- NYSSCA members are represented at the American School Counselor Association Delegate Assembly.
- NYSSCA is a member of the Pupil Personnel Summit and Advisory Team for the NYS Education Department
- NYSSCA maintains collaborative efforts with: NYS Education Department, NYS Association of College Admissions Counselors, NYS Parent-Teacher Association, NYSUT, School Administrators of New York, NYS School Psychologists, National Education Association and many more.
- NYSSCA sponsors an Annual Conference
- NYSSCA offers financial and logistical support to regional conferences.
- NYSSCA is providing training in the NYS Model for a Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program
- NYSSCA provides The New York School Counselor, the association’s newsletter.
- Members Only website resources including a Member Directory, Secure Membership Renewal, Comprehensive Model, Job Postings, Conference Presentations, and MORE.
- NYSSCA Journal–The New York State School Counseling Journal is published biannually, summer and winter, with a periodic special focus issue each year.