As you complete the online membership forms for joining or renewing, you will be able to either pay by credit card or request a voucher so that you can mail a check to pay for your membership.
Check our Regional Map to determine your NYSSCA Region.
Ethical Benefits of Membership… Dr. Carolyn Stone, ASCA’s Ethics Committee Chair
MEMBERSHIP IN THE NEW YORK STATE SCHOOL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATION OFFERS YOU:
A qualified, dedicated board committed to advocating for School Counselors and their professional role throughout New York State
Professional Affiliations and Networking:
- NYSSCA is represented in the New York Council of Educational Associations
- NYSSCA members are represented at the American School Counselor Association Delegate Assembly.
- NYSSCA is a member of the PPS Advisory Team for the NYS Education Department
- NYSSCA maintains collaborative efforts with: NYS Education Department, NYS Association of College Admissions Counselors, NYS Parent-Teacher Association, NYSUT, School Administrators of New York, NYS School Psychologists, National Education Association.
- NYSSCA sponsors an Annual Conference
- NYSSCA offers financial and logistical support to regional conferences.
- NYSSCA is providing training in the NYS Model for a Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program
- NYSSCA is a co-sponsor of Guidance EXPO in White Plains each year.
- NYSSCA provides NYSSCA Today , the association’s weekly newsletter.
- Members Only website resources including a Member Directory, Secure Membership Renewal, Comprehensive Model, Job Postings, Conference Presentations, ASCA Webinars, and MORE.
- NYSSCA Edge–The New York State School Counseling Edge is our best practices e-magazine published biannually.
- Publications including Activities Books, Resource Guide, Comprehensive Plan
- NYSSCA offers an email for immediate response on issues: Information@NYSSCA.ORG
- An up to date website with resources for school counselors.
- Links to other relevant organizations of information
- Position Statements
- Information for stakeholders—Boards of Education, Administrators, teachers, parents
- Free access to the NYS Comprehensive Model Program download for members
- Access to legislative initiatives